NEW DELHI: Former Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh has chosen to not play this year’s Indian Premier League (IPL) quoting personal causes, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) his team said on Friday.
Harbhajan became the second Chennai player who withdraws from the tournament as last week after all-rounder Suresh Raina pulled out due to personal reasons too. Both players didn’t share their reasons calling them personal.
Harbhajan Singh a 40-years-old helped Mumbai Indians and won three titles before joining Chennai in 2018, where he took 23 wickets in the last two seasons. He is not going to play for this year’s IPL due to some personal reasons.
CSK didn’t announce any name of replacement of Harbhajan Singh and Suresh Raina.
CSK without naming a replacement in a statement on Twitter said, “Harbhajan Singh informed us he won’t be available due to personal reasons. Team Chennai Super Kings is supportive of his decision and stands by him and his family during these testing times.”
This year’s 2020 IPL, was originally scheduled to begin in March in India. It is now being held in the United Arab Emirates due to the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. The tournament starts on Sept 19,2020.